BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

ME: on a Diet

I am SO Lovin Dr. Oz

I needed to shed a couple of pounds from my pregnancy and Dr. Oz book You: on a Diet is helping. I checked the book out at the library, and just so I did not miss anything I rented the dvd.

I have started eating better and exercising at least 30 minutes a day. Chasing after 2 kids is definitely exercise - but I have devoted 30 minutes of my day to exercise - and just me time.

most valuable tool I have learned about loosing weight:

  1. keep your menu the same every day- that way my daily calories are the same.
  2. write down everything I put in my mouth.
  3. diet without exercise is pointless.
  4. Eating small meals - really does work as long as they are made up of whole foods. ie fruits and veggies. and no bigger than 1/2 cup.
  5. drink 48-64 ozs of water a day
My Menu Plan:

Breakfast :
1. Banana
Coffee
or
2.Lowfat yogurt
coffee
or
3.Apple
coffee


Snack
Benefiber

Lunch
Celery +Carrots
Water

Snack
Water+popcorn

Dinner
1.Chicken & Mushrooms
Over Linguine
Spinach Salad
or
2.Pork
Tenderloin
Mashed Potatoes
Steamed Asparagus
or
3.Baked Ziti
Steamed Zucchini
Dinner Rolls

0 comments: